[pianotech] Gluing Damper Felt

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:05:37 MST 2010

Grand.  The other method is to glue out of the piano and do the fine tuning with wire bending and felt control of any leaking.  This suggestion is from my friend who does a lot of damper work and is very good at it.

I know the dampers have to come out...they are out now but I guess a better way to say it is do you glue them on the bench or do you follow susan's method of gluing them and then setting them in place letting the weight of the damper head help line up the felt with wire?

Just curious for thoughts.  I think I want to try Susan's method but she does a good job of giving one pause before they proceed....ya know lining up everything to look perfect and so on.

Thanks for any and all thoughts

Steven Hopp