[pianotech] finishing a plate

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 19:33:17 MST 2010

Barbara:

Any good high mil plastic works well, even with lacquer. Double-sided tape
carefully around the edges (thin strips). We had to save a Charles Steinway
 signature for a client last year on a plate that was otherwise in
desperate need  of refinishing. Works like a charm. I'll have to remember the
petroleum  jelly, though.

In a message dated 2/25/2010 8:27:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,