[pianotech] Tuning pin torque?!?!?

Williams, James j.williams3 at tcu.edu
Wed Feb 24 16:43:54 MST 2010

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your gracious response. I appreciate David Love's response as well. The information that you have submitted is most helpful. For the record, I like to see something in the range of 120-145 inch pounds on one of my rebuilds using a 5 ply maple block. It does tend to settle down to around 90-100 inch pounds after one year.

I am not trying to protect a particular manufacture, but rather conduct a "gentleman's" inquiry allowing due process to run its course.

Many thanks,

James Williams