[pianotech] Tuning pin torque???

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:27:05 MST 2010

James, I am very reluctant to tune a piano with a tuning pin torque less than 30 pd/inch. I sometimes do it, but with a HUGE WARNING to the customer to insure them that the tuning will not last. Sometimes they ask me "well, how long will it last?" And to that I answer: " Maybe not until I get to my car." They don't like it, but neither do I like trying to hang a jello sculpture on the wall.

After reading other posts, I can understand you don't want to divulge the brand name publicly. I apologize for my zealous curiosity.

Marcel Carey