[pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Feb 23 17:49:22 MST 2010

They keep a piano much closer. A full system properly installed with
undercover shouldn't go out +/- 4 or 5 cents in 6 months, hopefully less. If
its more there are usually extenuating circumstances (HVAC vent too close,
near a frequently used door, etc.). Often I recommend churches close the
lids between services, sometimes we'll use a cover on top of that.

Yes they work. Depending on the situation you sometimes have to add
protocols like above to enhance their performance. Some techs also use the
string cover (I have not).

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802