[pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Tue Feb 23 16:19:00 MST 2010

Hi Matthew,
I don't consider it good advice to wait for a seasonal change for several
reasons.  First off, I prefer working year round (because) I have great
confidence in my training and abilities.

Second, since the customer is likely not on a regular schedule (not enjoying
the piano ever), by the time she asks to have the piano tuned (pitch raised)
then it really is past due so another seasonal change will not make a
difference.  And third, the customer's enjoyment level is greatly suppressed
by the "currently" under serviced instrument.  Our prospective customer
needs to know "up front" on a "regular basis" that regular service with
appropriate (if necessary) climate control is the ticket.

Kindest Regards,

Garret

---

Garret Traylor - President

High Point Piano & Music Inc.

88-PIANO (336) 887-4266

P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping High
Point Music be environmentally responsible.