[pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

Richard Gullion pianoguy52 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:02:13 MST 2010

why did she consult another tune

Richard the "Piano Guy"
Piano Moving-Tuning-Repairs-Refinishing

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:47:06 -0800
From: toddpianoworks at att.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

Hi list,

I just had a cancellation this morning from a client who received advise from another tuner not to get her piano tuned just yet, because we are in the middle of a cold spell, and to wait until the weather gets warmer, otherwise her piano would go out of tune once the weather warmed up.

That is good advise, however, I was wondering how many of us give that advise on a regular basis.  I guess if some of you would enjoy (and can afford) a three month vacation, then I am sure that would be the advise you would give.

Thoughts anyone?

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578