[pianotech] home study course

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:45:36 MST 2010

Since I wouldn't want to offend anyone who runs a home study course because I do know someone who does, from my perspective it wasn't something I found beneficial or helpful.  Maybe this is due to the fact I have 20/200 vision .  Having someone explain to me hands on feeling the action piano standing there checking unisons, tuning octaves over and over and over the constant practice I find more useful.  For some maybe a home study course does work.  So I hope I didn't fule any fire by mentioning my disgruntlment with correspondance courses that pertain to piano technology. The one I did try I would say is the best one out there as far as correspondance courses go and it was packed with a wealth of information.   It just didn't work for me, and like I said, maybe it was just me.  The training I received at the school was great.  I'm still learning as you guys know, and I sure appreciate all of your responses.  I do think a corresponcance course might work is someois working closely with another seasoned tech, maybe depending on the situation.  There's nothing like hands on.  Thanks again and in case I did offend anyone regarding the home study method, I do apologize just in case. If I didn't offend great because I do consider the perso I know a great piano tech and do respect them.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com