[pianotech] that aweful spinet

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:32:36 MST 2010

Thanks again Jer Tom and anyone else who responded.  I'll keep these posts handy because I'm going to adjust some of the lost motion when I head back again to tune that thing.  It's pretty sloppy.

The tech I called who is an RPT tol dme that the worn damper felt could make it ring so I massaged the felt a little flat sewn felt in the tri cord section.  I told him the spoons lifting too soon will cause the strings to make a slight tone as well to which he disagreed saying that a damper lifting will not make a string sound.  However, that in and of it self may not, but if the spoon adjustment is incorrect, it will when you push on the sustain pedal make an extra sound.  When I corrected the spoon and massaged the felt it seemed to help.  Now I need a back massage after working on that beast lol

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com