[pianotech] Vacuum bagging was RE: Fwd: Hybrid pinblocks

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 21 11:53:21 MST 2010

Great stuff, isn't it? I mix it by hand. I mix it for a pretty good
while - but you're right, there are those pesky little powder bubbles.
I usually brush the adhesive onto the wood and I find that they will
usually come apart and mix with the additional agitation of the brush
strokes on the wood. And I agree any little bit  that has ever
remained clearly wasn't a problem. Your machine mixing may well be a
great idea. It cleans up quite well with water.

Hmmmmm, let's see - at Thanksgiving time I make my one batch of mashed
potatoes for the year. I hate lumpy mashed potatoes. I don't have a
good power blender or any sort, so I take a beater (from an old
kitchen mixer appliance) and chuck it into my half-inch electric hand
drill. Works great. I'll bet it would work with the Unibond also -
might want to keep the speed low to avoid frothing it. Beater would
clean easily I think with water and a little brush. And even if a
little remained on it, who would care? It would just cure anyway. I
suppose it would be best to run down to the local supermarket and pick
up another beater for the mashed potatoes next Thanksgiving though.

I think I might just try that next time. Thanks for the idea!

Isn't this exchange of information on this list great? Here we have a
person not offering expertise, but asking a question - and it ends up
answering a question for someone else who didn't even know he had a
question!

Terry Farrell