[pianotech] Aluminum Pneumatic Soundboard Press Reposting

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 21 06:39:58 MST 2010

Oh no, I understand. Obviously I'm the same way - one tends to always
want to do the whole process in-house if one can! I find it heartening
to see that so many more small shops are doing this kind of custom
work now. I find it amazing the quality pianos that are coming out of
small shops these days.

You know, when Richard Petty and Mario Andretti wanted a new race car,
they didn't go down to the local Chevy dealer - or even the local
Ferrari dealer - they went to the small custom shop to have the car
built that they wanted - a car that would out-perform anything from
any factory.....  IMHO, anything that is mass-produced, regardless of
whether someone's hand actually touches it or not, is going to be
significantly compromised because the goal is to sell as many units as
possible - not to produce the highest-performance product possible -
regardless of what spews out of their marketing department.

Terry Farrell