[pianotech] help

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 11:58:12 MST 2010

You're welcome,

 I do hope you are able to find the problem quickly. It seems that you are
saying the back of the action will not move, but you can lift the front.
That would indeed sound like screws, possibly from the legs getting in they
way. I do remember the spring on a cheap Korean piano, though, that had dug
itself into the side of the keyframe and absolutely locked the action in
there. It was another RPT that called me for help and I was lucky to find
that condition for her. We could lift the action all around, but couldn't
see anything apparent and it, too, would not budge forward.

Do take care to protect yourself if you have to take a leg off. Do you have
necessary removal and support gear? I work very carefully around any grand
where there appears to be leg problems of any kind. In fact, I always stuff
the piano bench under it, just as an added protection while working. Can't
be too careful sometimes.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Joseph Alkana RPT (Retired)

  _____