[pianotech] customers

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 20 05:45:43 MST 2010

good one!
Tom
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gerald Groot
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 9:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] customers

  On April fools Day about 30 years ago, I had made out one REAL bill to a good customer, a piano store that I was working for and one FAKE bill out.  I had the real bill tucked into my back pocket behind me.  I presented her with the real bill, trying my hardest to keep a straight face.  I did pretty good.  I followed her upstairs into her office to make sure she didn't really write out a check to me for that outrageous amount.  She were totally silent never saying even one word.   The bill was made out for about $120 more than what it should have been just for 1 out of store tuning.  After she sat down and almost started making out the check, I quickly tossed out the other bill onto her desk saying, APRIL FOOLS DIANE!  She looked at me, cussed at me a few times and then laughed saying, Jer, that would have been that LAST time you ever tuned for me charging me that kind of money!!!  We both laughed.  As I left the store, she cussed at me a couple more times saying man, you got me good you SOB!!!  I chuckled all the way home.