[pianotech] Aluminum Pneumatic Soundboard Press Reposting

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 19 05:33:56 MST 2010

Thanks for posting the pics David. They appear basically just like
mine, but aluminum instead of steel and wood - very slick, neat and
light! It appears you have a piece of wood atop the lower aluminum
beam, but below the panel - what role does that have? What are the
dimensions of the square tubing and the wall thickness? What is the
longest open span and how much bending do you get when the air
pressure is on?

Those really look nice. 'Course, the down side is that now I see why I
haven't gotten any orders from you for complete ribbed soundboards in
a long time!   :-(

Terry Farrell