[pianotech] Avoiding injury lifting out grand a piano action

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Feb 18 22:23:58 MST 2010

> LaRoy's caddy was the first and best.   After all the years he has
> dedicated himself to the industry, I like to support his private
> enterprise.
(I corrected your tossed-off screed, Ilvy)

AND---unlike all the el cheapo alternatives you bozos (said lovingly &
w/ all due respect) dream up, LaRoy's caddy enables the MOST important
aspect of working on the action outside the piano---it recreates the
EXACT key travel that's in the action when it's installed in the
keybed. This allows a massive increase in precision when regulating.

Without the ability to recreate exact key travel, action regulation is
a rather pathetically guess-timated crapshoot.

As a former total nonchalant about quality tools, I've definitely seen
the light, and gotten immense pleasure from quality tools, all-star
tools that make a job way easier, more fun and more precise with less
body stress.

The Edwards Action Caddy is such a tool. Order it.
http://www.edwardsstringcovers.com/brochureCaddy.pdf

David A.