[pianotech] kimball consolette

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 17:49:12 MST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:39 AM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  Anyone know anything about this piano...1937.   It sounds short...
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044

Hi David,

I tune a couple of them regularly, not on purpose but because no one else
will!
They are a morphidite type piano, 38" with a direct blow action only because
Kimball dowelled 2 pieces of wood together one on top of the other to make a
key that dips down under the whippens.
Need I say they are a "joy" to adjust lost motion on? Almost as much fun as
the old rocker capstans were on uprights.

Other than that they aren't anything special, typical Kimball quality,
pre-furniture guys, so they were made by piano men at least?!?

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404