[pianotech] Fwd: Hybrid pinblocks

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 15:40:36 MST 2010

 Maybe a partial subjective body expereince but as Nick G. said a pin is enrergized under load and feels quite different undertension is brought at pitch. There is a different feel between just pounded and turned and in turning with the tension on.
 Now pass the Muffins
  Dale

.

Or a muffin. (sorry) Another thing: I've noticed that pin torques two or three days after stringing feel higher than when you're installing them. This may be a body calibration illusion relative to the different levels of violence imparted whether stringing or tuning, and I've never taken actual measurements, but it's worth a look. How do those test piece torques match up today?
Ron N