[pianotech] Band saw question

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Feb 18 10:17:51 MST 2010

Yep.  Always.  Even if I'm using it day after day, I release the tension at
the end of the day, otherwise, with each use.  My saw has a quick release
tension lever, so it's very quick and easy.  If you don't release tension,
it can lead to a shape memory in the blade and possibly premature breakage.
Though I don't know.  It seems I'm so gifted at dulling my blades I don't
have to worry about breakage, premature or otherwise.'

William R. Monroe