[pianotech] Clunker vs Electronic Keyboards

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 21:31:28 MST 2010

It's always unfortunate when people have to make that choice but it does
happen and with the more sophisticate keyboards now it's not nearly as clear
a choice.  Were it up to me I'd have all pianists learning on high quality
grands as uprights simply don't develop touch control in nearly the same
way.   When asked about purchasing a piano for a beginner I always tell them
to buy the absolute highest quality piano (preferably a grand) that they can
afford.  Better for the ear, touch, control, development, pleasure.  Sadly,
I don't always win that argument.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com