[pianotech] Piano vs. Acoustic Piano - was advice yada yada

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 16 18:38:51 MST 2010

David Weiss said: "It's not just that I earn my living by the existence of the piano, it's that
the aesthetic of it move me. I want to keep it alive, that others may
experience it. So I fight the fight, and hope my colleagues are on my side."

David,
I'll fight that fight with you!! A digital/electronic/electric Keyboard is NOT a PIANO! Not even close, IMNSHO! Our beloved Piano is just that! Or...it can be a Piano/Forte or it can be a Forte-Piano. But, an "Acoustic..." ???Naw! Everything is Acoustic for god's sake! Really stupid B.S. from the Marketing Departments and their ilk!
While we're at it.. I loathe, hate and dispise the term: "Entry Level Piano"!! Yikes! What is that? They should call them what they really are....Crap! At least when the Spinets got bad, the dealers started calling them crap. Those days are gone and replaced by the Touchy/Feely, Politically Correct, Dumbass world we live in! End of rant! (I know, why don't I really tell you what I think?<G>) Flame/Flack Suit Zipped up tight.)
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I