[pianotech] Spoons or wippens

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 16 17:11:29 MST 2010

JD said: " If you clean up the spoons with wire wool, or
if necessary with P.800 paper stroking from bottom to top (not
sideways) and then smear them with tallow, they will last for a long
time."

J.D..
Tallow!!!???? My god man, at least join the 20th century!! I can think of many things to put on those spoons, but Tallow is damned sure not on that list! Tallow was the culprit for much of the Vertigris problems we have encountered! Yikes! And Sheesh!! Any animal based lubricant is always suspect in my opinion.
[G](Just so's ya know I'm not preachin', but just takin' ya to task.)
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police