[pianotech] NYC Piano Tuners from 1960's - 1970's

Joseph Rosenberg rosenbergpiano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 06:26:52 MST 2010

I am an old rock 'n roll kid who went to the Woodstock festival, Fillmore
East, Bottom Line, and all the other concert places in the NYC area.

Does anyone know who tuned the piano(s) at Fillmore East, at Woodstock, and
the other clubs and concert facilities in the 60's and 70's?

I knew Lou Nigro, who was a musician and piano tuner back then. His daughter
was Laura Nyro, the singer/songwriter. She played the Fillmore East and the
Bottom Line (80's and 90's). I'm not sure if he tuned the piano for her
shows. I should have asked him back then.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Joe Rosenberg