[pianotech] things in pianos

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 17:43:52 MST 2010

 Greetings,
      When I arrived in Nashville in 1976, many of the studio pianos had been tuned, and only tuned, for years.  Most of the work was done by non-sighted tuners.  There had been a course at the Tennessee  School for the Blind, and that is who was tuning music row.  As I began getting around these pianos, I realized how much stuff there was in them.  Guitar picks by the handfuls, but also the pills were amazing. I didnt' know there were that many different kinds.  I think they were popular in the 50's-70's, and there were a lot of them, and a lot of roaches, (the kind with no legs).
    There have been others, a missing son's medal, etc. ( I posted that sometime in Dec. '96), a snake, which I didn't ultimately have to deal with, and a large wad of money. And then there are some things which discretion dictates no mention, oops, too late...
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT