[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 16, Issue 155

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 12:23:56 MST 2010

Julia forgot to mention a premier program in your own backyard--N

In a message dated 2/14/2010 12:24:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
KeyKat88 at aol.com writes:

Greetings Robert,

           Do you  still want to resume tuning? If so, how can you be sure
the physical  problems won't return? As a pianist, I am sure that playing
trumps working on  pianos. Yes? I had a scare a while back with an arm
problem. I am still  not "out of the woods" altogether with it.  I am a player too.
While I  agree that a pianist should know more about the instrument's
technicals  take care of your playing apparatus!

          To answer your  question about where to learn more, there are
excelllent books  available.  I am not sure if you have to be a PTG member to
purchase them  from the PTG, but the guild carries them. This forum is a good
place to learn  alot and you can also search the PTG archives. University
of Western  Ontario has a pretty good certificate program on piano technology
too. It's  one school year: Sept until April. _www.uwo.ca_
(http://www.uwo.ca/)  click on industry, then click on Don  Wright Faculty of music, click
on Piano Technology.

Best Wishes,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA

In a message dated 2/14/2010 12:53:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,