[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 16, Issue 155

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 23:18:45 MST 2010

Greetings Robert,

           Do you still want to resume tuning? If so, how can you be sure
the physical problems won't return? As a pianist, I am sure that playing
trumps working on pianos. Yes? I had a scare a while back with an arm problem. I
am still not "out of the woods" altogether with it.  I am a player too.
While I agree that a pianist should know more about the instrument's technicals
take care of your playing apparatus!

          To answer your question about where to learn more, there are
excelllent books available.  I am not sure if you have to be a PTG member to
purchase them from the PTG, but the guild carries them. This forum is a good
place to learn alot and you can also search the PTG archives. University of
Western Ontario has a pretty good certificate program on piano technology too.
It's one school year: Sept until April. _www.uwo.ca_ (http://www.uwo.ca)
click on industry, then click on Don Wright Faculty of music, click on Piano
Technology.

Best Wishes,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA

In a message dated 2/14/2010 12:53:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,