[pianotech] Advice about intermittent note on Yamaha grand

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 12:36:40 MST 2010

It seems that when the note is played, the tip of the jack
oesn't protrude through the slot in the repetition lever as much as for the
ther keys. I guess the tip of the jack has to stick through the slot a certain
mount to engage the hammer knuckle, in order to thrust the  hammer towards the
tring, and it is just on the point of not being far through enough.

Robert

This is where the problem lies. The reason the note is not repeating is because the jack is not coming back under the knuckle. The top of the jack needs to be 1/32" BELOW the top of the repetition lever.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789