[pianotech] silk cord

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Feb 13 11:58:04 MST 2010

No, this is an omission by Reblitz.  For  replacing a damper spring,
instead of showing the proper method of removing the old flange cord and
spring, and fitting with new cord, he has a photo of a new damper spring
with its tail curled round, and secured by, the damper flange screw.  An
odd omission, really. (Unless this was changed in later editions, anyone??)

Wouldnt it be nice if all the photos in Reblitz were in colour, like the
wonderful colour photos everyone submits here?  It would make the book
prohibitively costly, I guess, in view of its limited market.

If it would help, Marshall, I could try taking a series of photos of the
flange cord replacement process?  (You're talking about damper flange
cord, not hammer flange loop cord, yes?).

Best wishes,

David Boyce.