[pianotech] THE BUZZ THAT COMES AND GOES.

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 13 06:47:28 MST 2010

    I had a similar situation with a metallic buzz in a ski lodge grand.  I
played it weekly along with other players.  There was a terrible metallic
buzz when I played it, but none of the others ever heard it.  We even took
apart a large metal chandelier hanging above the piano, to no avail.
    Finally we figured it out.  When I would come in to play, I'd pick up
the key to the piano from the cashier, I would leave it in the piano so it
wouldn't get lost and open the fly lid.  The other pianists would put it in
their pocket!  The key in the lock was the culprit.
    Mike Kurta, RPT