[pianotech] Heavy Pedal Spring

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 17:45:00 MST 2010

It's a forum and when you post a question people will answer in their own
style plus it's easy to misread tone in this format and some people do at
times interject humor.  I didn't see anything condescending or offensive.
Of course you're welcome to delete whatever you don't like.  But since
people may not know your background or experience or expectations they may
interpret the question you posted as coming from someone of less experience
since there are really only two ways to go, less resistance or modified
leverage.  As you can see, the leverage issue was something that some others
weren't aware of and hopefully some who didn't know about modifying leverage
learned something.  The threads you start sometimes digress into subjects
for the benefit of other than the one who posted the initial question.
That's the beauty of this forum, in my view.  Many valuable threads have
started just as this one did, with someone wanting only the simplest of
solutions.  So, forgive if this sounds like a lecture but I think your
reaction was a bit over the top.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com