[pianotech] Damper spring cord

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:37:23 MST 2010

toothpick - great idea.
excellent suggestions. finally got it. first i had to realize that u don't
need Accelerator. Then i had to realize that the PULLING of the sheath while
the CA dries makes it super thin, as opposed to the coating and patting with
fingers and woodglue. Then i had to realize that the CA can't ride all the
way up onto the wider section. Then i had to realize that u don't CA the end
- otherwise u won;t have anything to grab onto for pulling (other than
pliers which then get stuck).
so my third try after these messages was successful - *However*, though it
was no problem get the wide section through the flange hole (except i had to
pull pretty hard with the pliers) it was increasingly difficult to pull
through the length of the cord, so much so that after an inch or two, it
will budge no further - WAIT: i took a break after losing a shirt layer due
to effort and got it to budge another inch. I therefore wonder if my cord
(from Schaff) is a little thicker than it should be, or perhaps the flange
hole is a bit small? It shouldn't be this hard to pull through obviously.