[pianotech] Way Hip!

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Feb 10 13:02:38 MST 2010

I'm rockin'...standing straight up; I'm not gonna limp any more all
hunched over like a troll...that'll be good for my serious vanity
issues...

Actually, this has been an incredible process; I found a master of the
hip, Dr. Herb Huddleston (http://hipsandknees.com/ ) and he and his
people were excellent, artisan professionals, treating me as a
respected , strong, healthy human being, and treating the operation as
a relatively minor, easy procedure. I was in the operating room
getting cut on at noon on Friday; I walked back into my house---after
walking 3-400 yards around the hospital) on Sunday in time to see the
Super Bowl kickoff in hi-def and drink a Stella Artois or two...

Now on Wednesday, I've been walking every day; I'll switch from a
walker to a cane tonight or in the morning; hopefully back working on
pianos by next week...working hard in the office right now. I wish I
hadn't been so scared of this process and put it off for so long; I'd
had serious, sleep-interrupting hip pain for about a year prior.

Point is, everything happens right when you find the trusted artisan
professional who operates by the Golden Rule; just exactly what we all
talk about as our finest selling point---you can trust us as piano
technicians and fellow humans. Trust, and immense value follows.

It's so, so cool that this consciousness and ethics stuff actually
works, through and through. AND---I'm makin' money on the phone....

See y'all in Seattle; I will officially challenge Garrett to a 100-
yard race; the loser (Garrett) pays $25.00 to the PTG Foundation and a
bottle of single-malt scotch to the winner (Andersen)...let the Geezer
Games begin!
xoxxoDA