[pianotech] 1937 Wurlitzer parlor spinet question

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Tue Feb 9 15:49:50 MST 2010

Greetings all -

This is the last time I go out without my camera. (- sigh -). I just
serviced a 73 key, 1937 Wurlitzer spinet, (parlor?), (sn: 167894), with a
very unusual case. The sides were solid, (but actually hollow with resonant
cutouts on the inside), with a slight outward curve from front to back. I
would like a little more info on this for the customer but I can't find this
model anywhere online. Lots of '37 spinets with spindle front legs, but none
with this particular case. Still in very good condition, with some hammer
and damper work this is going to be a very nice, albeit little, piano and I
would like to find out a little more about it for the customer who
apparently acquired it from a friend or relative who may have purchased it
new. Anybody ever seen one of these?

Thanks -

-- Geoff

. Geoff Sykes, RPT