[pianotech] boring, (was Hammer strike line)

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 20:35:51 MST 2010

 Dale writes:

 Original hammers and shanks over centered a good bit. Our shop does not do it this way. My formula is :String height minus center pin height minus 1 mm in each section.

 This will place the hammer at right angles to the string upon contact ONLY when the string plane is parallel to the keybed.  What do you do when there is a considerable rise of the strings from the capo to the bridge?

Ed Foote RPT