[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Feb 7 20:00:40 MST 2010

I have no idea either. I have nothing conclusive to offer.

My thinking regarding the plate and string height as a possible causal agent
and the strike line is this:  if the string height varies, but the hammer
line doesn't, then the strike point for comparative notes will vary along
the length of the speaking length, with attendant effects on the tone
quality.  That doesn't make it the cause, or even one among several. But it
does qualify as my surmise as the cause, and nothing more than that is laid
claim to.

I do know who won the super bowl though.

Will