[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Feb 7 19:43:22 MST 2010

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> All worthwhile considerations. Yet it is striking, no pun intended, as
> has been pointed out, that RC&S boards _seem_ to need less hammer
> movement.

Why is this so threatening to you? Two people who design and
build these systems in the real world have indicated that it
is either less necessary, or altogether unnecessary to deviate
from a straight strike line for tonal purposes in a RC&S
board. If you, not having built boards like this at all, so
lacking any experience with same, know better than those of us
who have, why don't you inform us as to why we don't know what
we're talking about instead of weaseling around this semantic
bullshit? If you're not interested in learning anything
outside your marketable experience, that's your call, but
someone else might be. This information has been offered in
all honesty as real and verified as valid by building the
damned things and trying it. If you have anything real and
pertinent to contribute besides speculation and misdirection,
please do.
Ron N