[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 18:43:56 MST 2010

Let me also say, Ron, that I was speaking to the differences between new
soundboard installation with new hammers and what we find from the factory.
If  it is indeed a difference between soundboard panel construction, the
evidence  albeit being sketchy at best so far, it is an interesting distinction
and well  worth studying. And my point, again, was that factory production
rarely allows  for deviations from straight lines, particularly in hammer
production and  installation. Nor was I imputing a presumption on your part.
Relax.

Paul

In a message dated 2/7/2010 7:16:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> I would posit that it's  factory work, whatever the soundboard panel
> structure. Efficient  factory forefinishing has to presume much too
> consistent a belly  structure. Thoughtful deviations from a straight line
> require time  and care. I don't think it's primarily the soundboard.

Meaning that in  all the RC&S soundboards you've installed,
you've never not had to  deviate from a straight strike line?
I'm not talking about assuming  anything at all. "Whatever the
soundboard structure" is the point, not  factory presumption.
Ron N