[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 18:25:09 MST 2010

In a message dated 2/7/2010 7:16:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> I would posit that it's  factory work, whatever the soundboard panel
> structure. Efficient  factory forefinishing has to presume much too
> consistent a belly  structure. Thoughtful deviations from a straight line
> require time  and care. I don't think it's primarily the soundboard.

Meaning that in  all the RC&S soundboards you've installed,
you've never not had to  deviate from a straight strike line?
I'm not talking about assuming  anything at all. "Whatever the
soundboard structure" is the point, not  factory presumption.
Ron N
No, Ron, meaning exactly what I said. I create deviations in strike lines
always for the improvement of tone. If you insist on its being the
soundboard as  the culprit, fine. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't.

Paul