[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Feb 7 15:53:01 MST 2010

Hi Dale:

I too have staggered the strike line on Steinway grands and other pianos to
find the sweet spot and get the best tone.  So let's ask the question of the
why of that - what is going on in the plate and string interface in relation
to the action that requires something other than a straight line to achieve
the best tone?

Will Truitt