[pianotech] definitions

Anna-Luise Messerschmidt annamesserschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:46:37 MST 2010

thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. And yes, it makes sense to me.
So what you say is that even though it might look like a console because
it's taller, it's still a spinet because it has a drop-action.
Sorry the whole spinet-idea caused me for quite some time trouble as in
Germany a Spinett is a small harpsichord and my parents used to have two of
those. So when I searched Craigslist the first time for a piano for myself,
I got pretty confused to find "spinet" listed under piano.
Thanks again and good night,
Anna

Message: 1Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 23:11:51 -0500