[pianotech] Interesting Find

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:29:56 MST 2010

Long time ago, when they were still using huts at the Orford Music camp, as I was tuning I saw a field mouse just walking on the hammers, curiously looking at me, wandering what I was doing there. My young daughters were with me so I showed them. They did NOT want me to kill this mouse. So I took my tweezers and carefully remoded it from the piano and took it outside. And then I checked under the keys... There was a nest there and I then removed 10 little babies; they were so cute. But the mother had chewed up mucho felts to make this nest.

I'll never forget the look on that mouse's face.

Marcel