[pianotech] Re; Wurlitzer Key upstop rail removal

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 19:37:40 MST 2010

.Gentlemen AND ladies,
 This is the goofy piano that Joe refers to. I bought one once  (1980?) just
cause it was so wierd. Some have vinyl sides and yes it is a puzzle the
first time around.

Now Clay , back to your dilemma -- I really think the fall strip in this
piano does move into a slot in the side and then lifts out. My advice and
approach in cases like this is to keep investigating, look for any hidden
screws , move , twist and contort --- go out to the car , come back do
whatever but I would not leave the piano until it was out or it was bedtime
. Yours , not theirs . But that's just me.
I'll check the Wurlie graveyard tomorrow.
Best,

Tom Driscoll

Subject: Re: [pianotech] Re; Wurlitzer Key upstop rail removal