[pianotech] Hardening Hammers in Pearl River Continental Console???????

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Feb 3 17:12:36 MST 2010

Well, I think that's an interesting question Ron!

That's kinda what sturck me about the two Brodmanns clients of mine have
bought. I found myself thinking "These are quiet pianos. But the tone is
nice". It seemed to me that there was a deliberate design paradigm at work.

I tried a small Essex (Chinese) grand in Steinway Hall in London some
months ago, at Alan Wright's invitation, and it too struck me as a quiet
instrument, with a pleasing tone. Nothing loud or brash or hard about it.

Best regards,

David Boyce.