[pianotech] Hardening Hammers in Pearl River ContinentalConsole???????

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 3 16:34:49 MST 2010

I'd still try adding weight in the form of clips to the shanks first.  To
add a bit of brightness try polishing the hammers with some very fine paper,
800 or 1500 grit.  All that shouldn't take that long and is better than
something you may regret.  The piano will brighten up on its own soon enough
in this type of situation.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com