[pianotech] Website Launch

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:41:07 MST 2010

Thanks,

There were lots of strategic compromises that had to be addressed.  One
of which  was how big to make the module which contains all  the
interactive info. We chose that size because we felt it would appear and
be useable in the widest variety of computer screen sizes and browsers
setups. While we were working on the design, I would constantly ask
appearance questions which were based on what I was seeing on my desktop
screen(which is large for autocad work), and my web designer would
patiently explain that what I was seeing was only one version of what
will actually appear to various users.  I would have liked the text box
larger too, but we thought that size was "safer".

The plan is to get it out there, get comments over a couple of months,
and then go back and see what we need to tweak. As well, we will add
external link pages and other foo-foo that will rank it higher with the
search engines.

As each part of of the process approaches completion, the goal posts
magically move...I have finally accepted, reluctantly, that fussing with
this stuff would be an on-going project.

Do others out there with successful websites find that the process as
well as the costs are on-going?

Jim