[pianotech] Piano dolly question

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 16:28:31 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Actually the forklift is a good idea.   They would love driving that around
> the frat house.
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA  94044

> From: "William Truitt" <surfdog at metrocast.net>
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Subject: Re: [pianotech] Piano dolly question
>

> >I had the same thoughts Terry, but I was too polite to say so..
>

> >Will

I came in late on this, my computer's been down for a day and a half.

If I understand the problem it's a double leg grand of not a lot of value
that needs(?) to be moved frequently.

I have experience with such a problem, the solution is, similar to
that suggested by the sage Mr. Nossaman.
Angle iron cut long enough to allow both legs a resting place, bolted
down through the dolly arm with the legs attached to it, the one I saw was
wired down.
However I'm certain strap steel or pieces of moving strap could be
accomodated to fit the bill.
Not exactly pretty but extremly functional!

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404