[pianotech] Wurlitzer Spinet key rail removal

Clayton Bean's Piano Biz pianobiz at verizon.net
Mon Feb 1 14:35:29 MST 2010

Gentlemen:

I have a customer that has a  Wurlitzer spinet, SN  212659, 1941, that has a 1.5 - 2" wide key rail that I can't remove.

 Need to know how by March 1, 2010 so that I can Clean the keys and keybed.

The rail slides backwards towards the spinet action on 2 inset cut-outs in the piano case itself.

It reaches a stop after about 3-5" of travel and goes no further.

Trying to slide it back at an angle doesn't help - not enough room to pop out an end.

Lifting it up in the middle allows some bending but I don't think it's too rigid to free it without snapping the rail in half.

Would appreciate any solution you might have.

Thank you,

Clay                  Feb 1, 2010