[pianotech] knocking noise in Kawai KG-2S

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Mon Dec 13 09:33:41 MST 2010

Paul,

I agree with everyone who has suggested frontrail bedding as the most
likely cause.  However, 2 other knocks that have fooled me in the past:
1:  Uneven key spacing combined with worn front rail bushings and/or
loose front rail pins combined with pianist technique striking the
furthest keys with a motion as much sideways as downward, causing keys
to knock on neighboring keys.  2:  Loose leads in damper underlevers.

Mike