[pianotech] Birdcage muting

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Dec 11 10:03:52 MST 2010

Good thought Floyd.

It's worth mentioning too that for bass strings, the Papps mute can be
inserted "wrong end" as it were, and the increased spring strength and
width that way helps keep it in place. Also, on many birdcage actions,
there is enough bass string length ABOVE the overdamper rail to inset
the mute there, and if using the reverse end, it will mute ok.

Best regards,

David Boyce