[pianotech] YC Capo Bars

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 15:06:46 MDT 2010

A while ago I posted pix of a YC with the treble wire dug into the
capo bars. I have the capo inserts removed and here's the photos.

I called YC and they do not support this model 1996 Weber anymore.

I found some round rod and tested it by hammering a piece of music
wire onto it. The wire flattened but the rod didn't budge.

I'll have a machine shop plane down the surface and mill a groove
to hold the rod at the appropriate height. I'll not worry about the
duplex, I'll make it straight.

So much for making a quick buck on a spec piano.
--

Regards,

Jon Page