[pianotech] Regulation sequence advice sought

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Aug 30 12:26:36 MDT 2010

> Al,
> I don't think hammer travelling and burning apply to a single note
> action model (action models are funny little creatures when compared
> to real pianos) because there are no other hammers/shanks to compare
> to the one hammer.

You're not there to learn to regulate action models. You're there using
a model to try to learn to regulate a real piano action. Al's suggestion
related to real pianos. Perspective...

Otherwise, since check height will affect hammer rise, I'd make sure of
going over rep spring strength again after setting checking. Yes, I
know, you should be looping through the process until everything checks
out. The point isn't to do all the procedures through three iterations,
but to check all procedures and do them again as necessary until you
can't find anything wrong enough by your standards to mess with.
Whatever you do, there will always be someone who thinks it's not good
enough, and someone who thinks you're wasting time taking it that far.
You'll never know what's "right", but you can try to correct everything
that appears to be wrong. The end user will decide how you did.
Ron N